Sunday, December 5, 2010
Christmas Joys #5 - Some More Special Tree Ornaments
When we downsized our home, we also had to reduce the size of our tree, which makes it necessary to snuggle the ornaments more closely.
I hope that you will join me throughout the month of December as I post about some special decorations, traditions, collections and memories that bring the joy of the season to our house. Perhaps you will want to respond with your own story or comment about what brings happiness to your heart at Christmas. I would love to hear from you and look forward to sharing a bit of Christmas! Annie
- ► 2011 (35)
- The "After Event" (or, I Should Have Known It Was ...
- Hooray -- I Got It Right! (A Christmas Gift Story...
- Christmas Joys #19 - Christmas Eve and Family is G...
- Christmas Joys #18 - A Nontraditional Bonnie Glen ...
- Christmas Joys #17 - How About a Little Holiday Re...
- Christmas Joys #16 - Some Treasured Decorations fr...
- Christmas Joys #16 - Our Living Room Mantel (or is...
- Christmas Joys #15 - Merry Christmas from Coco and...
- Christmas Joys #14 - Blended Families, "The Lion S...
- Christmas Joys #13 - Retro Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Christmas Joys #12 - Christmas Pop-Up Books
- Christmas Joys #11 - Remembering Mr. Bingle
- Christmas Joys #9 and #10 - Using Cloches for Holi...
- Christmas Joys #8 - A Sooner Christmas!
- Christmas Joys #7 - A Favorite Christmas Book
- Christmas Joys #6 - Our Tiny Kitchen Christmas Tre...
- Christmas Joys #5 - Some More Special Tree Ornamen...
- Christmas Joys #4 - A Holiday Memory from the Cour...
- Christmas Joys #3 - Santa Claus is Coming to my Ba...
- Christmas Joys #2 - Decorating my Desk
- Christmas Joys -- A Special Tree Ornament
- ▼ December (21)
Recently Read Fiction Favorites
- A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
- A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
- Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin
- Between, Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson
- Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo
- Broken for You by Stephanie Kallos
- Confessions of a Former Rock Queen by Kirk Bjornsgaard
- Every Last One by Anna Quindlen
- Faithful Place by Tana French
- Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner
- Freedom by Jonathan Franzen
- Gods in Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson
- Home Safe by Elizabeth Berg
- Homer and Langley by E.L. Doctorow
- Innocent by Scott Turow
- My Name is Mary Sutter by Robin Oliveira
- Noah's Compass by Anne Tyler
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
- Private Life by Jane Smiley
- Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier
- Roses by Leila Meacham
- Sing Them Home by Stephanie Kallos
- So Much For That by Lionel Shriver
- South of Broad by Pat Conroy
- That Old Cape Magic by Richard Russo
- The Children's Book by A.S. Byatt
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson
- The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson
- The Given Day by Dennis Lehane
- The Good Daughters by Joyce Maynard
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- The Last Time I Saw You by Elizabeth Berg
- The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall
- The Murderer's Daughters by Randy Susan Meyers
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
- The Sky Took Him by Donis Casey
- The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas
- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
- The Swimming Pool by Holly LeCraw
- The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell
- The Wind Comes Sweeping by Marcia Preston
- Where the God of Love Hangs Out by Amy Bloom
- Wolf Hall by Hillary Mandel
- World Without End by Ken Follett
- Year of Wonders: A Novel of the Plague by Geraldine Brooks
Favorite Nonfiction and Memoir
- All Over but the Shoutin' by Rick Bragg
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver
- Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott
- Book Lust: Recommended Reading for Every Mood, Moment and Reason by Nancy Pearl
- Getting Over Getting Older by Lettie Cottin Pogrebin
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting by in America by Barbara Ehrenreich
- Sharing the Journey: Women Reflecting on Life's Passages by Katherine Ball Ross
- Stuff: Compulsive Hoarding and the Meaning of Things by Randy O. Frost
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity by Julia Cameron
- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin by Benjamin Franklin
- The Children's Blizzard by David Laskin
- The Emperor of all Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Miguel Ruiz
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Worst Hard Time: The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dustbowl by Timothy Egan